Since June of 2021, new student enrollment has been booming at the College of Pharmacy. In the past five months:
- 121 first-year undergraduate students chose Pharmaceutical Sciences as their major – the largest amount ever for the program.
- 332 individuals attended either an in-person or virtual recruitment event
- 2,510 prospective PharmD, 992 prospective graduate, and 602 prospective undergraduate students signed up to receive recruitment newsletters.
- 202,241 social media ads – including YouTube – have appeared on computers across the U.S.
- 14 graduate fairs were attended by Office of Student Affairs staff.
Recruitment Specialist Dr. Shane Pruitt said, “UGA Pharmacy is constantly evolving our approach to attract top talent into all of our programs. More and more prospective students are interested to learn more about their possible educational fit within our College, so we have explosively expanded opportunities for future PharmDawgs to do just that!”
Most application deadlines are rapidly approaching. Visit Apply Now on the College’s website for more information. “Word of mouth is one of the best recruitment tools, so we ask alumni, friends, and supporters to share the special and unique aspects of the College with potential students,” added Pruitt.