While Research Day was a semester highlight for Pharmaceutical and Biomedical Sciences, the faculty of the department remained committed to their own work in research and discovery. View examples of papers published below, along with awards and accolades received by this committed set of faculty – reported just in the month of October 2022 alone!
- Published a paper in ChemMedChem titled “Importance of Co-operative Hydrogen Bonding in the Apramycin-Ribosomal Decoding A-Site Interaction.”
- Was selected for the 2022-23 UGA Women’s Leadership Fellows Program.
- Served on the National Institutes for Health study section Oct. 13-14 (Synthetic and Biological Chemistry B study section).
- Was interviewed for an article in The Red & Black.
- Received a Highly Cited Paper certificate from the International Journal of Molecular Sciences for her 2020 review paper (67 citations in 2 years).
- Was invited to talk at the ISSX/MDO 2022 meeting, “Drug Interactions with MDR Transporters.”
- Published a paper in Molecular and Cellular Sciences titled “Thiamine insufficiency induces Hypoxia Inducible Factor-1α as an upstream mediator for neurotoxicity and AD-like pathology.”
- Published multiple papers, listed below:
- “PRMT1 is an Important Factor for Medulloblastoma Cell Proliferation and Survival” in Biochemistry and Biophysics Reports.
- “Synthesis and Activity of Triazole-Adenosine Analogs as Protein Arginine Methyltransferase 5 Inhibitors” in Molecules.
- “Labeling Protein Substrates of Individual Histone Acetyltransferases with Bioorthogonal Reporters” in Current Protocols.