The CoP was well represented at the Georgia Pharmacy Association Summer Convention held this June in Amelia Island, Florida. Congratulations are extended to Jonathan Sinyard ’09 on becoming GPhA President and receiving the McKesson Leadership, NCPA Leadership, and Smith Drug Visionary Awards. He was in good company as the gavel was passed by outgoing President, Mahlon Davidson ’82, and will be followed by President-Elect, Joe Ed Holt ’92.
Several other PharmDawgs also received awards:
- Flynn Warren ’70, Larry L. Braden Meritorious Service Award
- Ben Ross ’08, Excellence in Innovation Award
- Andi McKeever ’99, Faculty Member of the Year Award
- Patrick Chancy ’17, Pharmacists Mutual Distinguished Young Pharmacist Award
Two alumni were elected to the Board of Directors:
- Robert Murry ’09, At-Large Seat
- Kevin Florence ’09, AIP Chairman
Two PharmDawgs were appointed as Region Presidents:
- Mark Niday ’08, Region 2
- Michelle Pasqualetti ’05, Region 10
Lastly, a great time was had by all at the UGA College of Pharmacy Alumni & Friends Reception. More than 160 guests attended for a fun evening reconnecting with PharmDawg classmates and colleagues.
Congratulations to all! We are PharmDawg Proud!